Thursday, December 31, 2009

Time to Eat!


Things have been SO hectic with Christmas dinners and such that I never got time to post Carson's first eating experience. It's so sad...I cannot even remember what day we first fed him! It was before Christmas, probably the weekend of the 18th. He had his first taste of rice cereal. Mommy was not very smart and only mixed it with water, so Carson did not like it much that first time.




But as you can see in the picture above, he has grown a little fonder of it. I mixed it with apple juice first, since Carson is allowed 2oz of diluted apple juice a day to help his tummy. He really liked it. Then I found out from the dietician that it was ok to mix it with his formula, as long as we fed it with a spoon and not in a bottle. There was some concern at first, on my part, because they told me not to mix it with his bottle for fear he might lose the taste for his formula. But now we are really getting with it! It is taking him a while to master the task of eating from the spoon, but no more so than any other baby! It's all the fun...

I am SO excited about Carson beginning to eat! I know that we have many, many challenging days ahead with the special diet, but I am ready to tackle it...FULL STEAM AHEAD AND BRING IT ON!!!

1 comment:

  1. Jennifer- My wife Jackee and I have a son with PKU that was born on Dec. 16th. Our process of understanding of everything is very similar to yours. My wife keeps a blog going at www.theaustermans.blogspot.com. Check it out sometime.

    -Shane Austerman

    ReplyDelete

Share the love! Leave a comment please!