Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Happy Feet!

Yes, our littlest angel is finally on her feet!  She walked on her knees for a long time, which I thought was strange, but her physical therapist said was perfectly normal.  Walking is a very exciting milestone for any child, but I don't think I have ever felt such relief as when Maggie took her first steps alone.  I worry from time to time about her clubfoot, how it healed, how it will grow, how it will change, and how it will affect her in the future.  I even think sometimes about how it will look and if she will be self-conscious about it if it looks different (insert:  I need to write a good post about being "different".  Look for that in the future).  A mother can't help but worry, you know.

But this little headstrong girl of ours has shown us already that she doesn't back down.  And she is having a great time doing it!


However, no one in the world is more excited about it than her very proud big brother, Carson.  :)


Carson kept jumping off the tractor just to run over and give her a kiss, shouting, "Baggie WALKIN!" the whole time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share the love! Leave a comment please!